Like many people, I love snacking. It always ruins my healthy diet, but I still do it. After making these delicious apple chips, that’s not a problem anymore! You can make these with just one ingredient: apples.
You don’t need a dehydrator, just an oven will do. I actually do have a dehydrator, but the outcomes are very different from each other. I made a batch in the oven and another in the dehydrator it didn’t make much of a difference. So let’s get started!
Only one ingredient! No need for extra sugars, it’s super sweet on its own! You can make as many as you want, so I won’t assign a specific number.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit or 90 C.
2. Slice up the apples very thinly. About 1/16”. You should use a slicer for this step.
3. Lay them down flat on a tray. It doesn’t have to be perfect. They will still come out tasting the same!
4. Bake for 1 1/2 hour in the oven. After 1 hour is up, flip them over to the other side.
5. Bake for another 1 hour.
6. Leave it in the oven for about 30 minutes to cool and crisp up!
If you are going to store it, just put the chips into sealed ziplock bags to keep the crispness!
Thanks! Hope you will enjoy this recipe! It’s one of my favorites!