This delicious recipe makes bread pudding using regular store bought pound cake! It makes a moist bread pudding topped with blueberry sauce and toasted pound cake crumbs. It makes exactly one serving so it helps portion and prevent your from eating more than you should. Let’s start!
1 inch thick slice of pound cake
1/4 cup milk
1 T sugar
1 drop vanilla extract
About 8 blueberries
Pound cake crumbs (for topping)
To make bread pudding:
1. Beat egg and 1/2 T sugar in a small bowl.
2. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
3. Place pound cake slice into a small baking dish or ramekin and pour egg mixture over it.
4. Wrap with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. After letting it sit, bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
To make blueberry sauce:
1. Place blueberries in a bowl and crush the blueberries using a fork.
2. After the blueberries are mashed, add in the remaining 1/2 T of sugar and mix well.
Haha the funny thing is that I was supposed to actually heat the blueberries and sugar in a pan, but I was too lazy to get a pan, so I did this instead and it worked well!
To make toasted pound cake crumbs:
1. Break a piece of pound cake into tiny crumbs.
2. Lay out on a tray and bake at 250 degrees F for 8 minutes.
This is actually amazing! Although this may seem unnecessary, trust me, it’s worth the work!! This is my favorite part of the recipe! I thought of doing this since I had some crumbs on the plate after cutting the pound cake, so I decided to toast it and see how it would turn out. I honestly did not expect it to turn out so good!
After all 3 parts are ready, just combine and serve or EAT! Pour the blueberry sauce over the bread pudding and top with the crispy crumbs and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy and love this recipe!