I found this recipe on messywitchen.com and decided to try it out! Hoddeok is a popular Korean street food. It is a pancake filled with a melted brown sugar syrup filling and is super delicious!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup water at room temperature
2 teaspoons dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 T white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 T chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
To make pancake dough:
1. Mix water, white sugar, yeast, salt, and vegetable oil in a large bowl.
2. Add in flour and mix.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for 1 hour. This will allow the dough to rise.
4. After an hour, the dough rises to almost double its size! Knead the dough again to remove air bubbles.
To make filling:
1. Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon powder, and walnuts in a medium bowl.
1. Spread flour over cutting board and hands to prevent dough from sticking.
They can out horrible and messy looking, but they still tasted great!
3. Take 1 dough ball and flatten it out in your palm. Add some filling right in the center and seal it. Repeat this with the other balls.
4. Heat up a pan and add some vegetable oil.
5. Place 1 ball on the pan and let one side cook for about 1 minute. When the bottom side begins to brown, flip it over.
8. Eat or serve hot!