I recently saw this recipe on Just One Cookbook and decided to try it out! As some of you may know, I absolutely love to cook! This recipe came out so sweet and tasty, so I wanted to share it with you all!
I love pudding so much and I was really craving it, so I decided to just find a recipe and make it!
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
3 tbsp sugar (I used brown sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For caramel sauce:
3 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp water (for later)
2. Pour in the milk and vanilla extract into the mixture and whisk again.
3. Run the mixture through a sieve and divide into 3-4 ramekins to remove any clumps and to ensure a smooth texture when it is cooked later.
5. Once the water is boiling, place the ramekins carefully into the pot. (Be careful not to burn yourself!
6. Turn down the heat to low and steam the pudding for 10 minutes with the lid on.
7. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes with the lid closed.
8. Let the custards cool until they reach room temperature. Then, place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Before, you serve the puddings let’s make the caramel sauce!
9. Add in water and sugar and stir until dissolved. Then, set the heat to high until it turns a brown color. Gently swirl the pan throughout. Do not stir!
10. After the sauce turns brown, add in an addition 1 1/2 tbsp water.
11. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely. Pour on top of custard puddings when you are ready to serve!